Subsidised places at OUPS events
OUPS is a not-for-profit registered charity which exists to support OU psychology students both academically and socially throughout their studies and also after they graduate. All of our team are unpaid volunteers. As the majority of our attendees are students we already keep our costs as low as possible, aiming to just break even so there is no special reduction for students.
We do offer some subsidised places for OUPS members with limited financial means at our Revision Weekends, and our Consolidation and Springboard Weekends. The amount we can offer applicants on any weekend is assessed on a case-by-case basis each time, and depends on the funds available, the number of applicants and their particular circumstances. Unfortunately this also means that we may not be able to make offers until quite close to the event date as late bookings mean that we often do not know how much we have to offer until that time.
Please note the following:
- You must follow the process below. Applications made in any other way will not be accepted.
- Applications for subsidised places can only be made between the date on which an event is opened for booking and the cutoff date, ten weeks before the event date.
- You must be an OUPS member to apply for a subsidised place within this period.
- To check your current membership status, log into the website and then click on the "My account" link that appears in the top menu.
- You must log into the website, and go to the event page for which you wish to apply.
- If subsidised places are available on the event you will see a section headed "Subsidised places" that contains the link to the application form.
- If this section does not exist then either you are not a current OUPS member, or there are no subsidised places available for the event.
- You must only apply for courses that take place on the weekend related to the application form. Applications for courses from other weekends will not be processed (e.g. applications for May weekend courses made using the January weekend form).
- All applications will be considered on the basis of the information provided, and we may need to contact you for clarification or additional information. Once all applications for an event where subsidised places are offered have been assessed the Committee will agree whether each should be fully-subsidised, partially-subsidised or declined. All decisions at that point are final.