The OUPS Treasurer duties include the following:
- Maintain a full set of accounts throughout the year and produce final accounts, utilising the services of a suitably qualified accountant.
- Check and pay promptly all OUPS bills and expenses claims. Unless exceptional circumstances dictate, all payments should be by cheque.
- Constantly monitor the financial situation and produce an up-to-date statement of Income and Expenditure for each Executive Meeting, this is necessary to enable the Executive to properly administer the affairs of the Society.
- Administer whatever bank accounts the Society holds, to ensure that he Society obtains maximum possible interest.
- Administer all other payment methods such as Paypal, credit/debit cards and any others that OUPS accepts as payment;
- Pay in all received cheques promptly, ensuring the allocation of income to appropriate analysis codes.
- Prepare an annual budget (for major expenditure at least), and revise as necessary throughout the year.
- Write a report each year for the AGM on the financial affairs of the Society.
- Complete necessary returns to OUSA (in connection with claiming the OUSA grant).
- Chase bad debtors (e.g. unsigned/returned cheques).
- With the Web Officer, act to ensure that OUPS meets its regulatory Data Protection obligations.