Student Support Officer
Our Student Support Officer ensures that our event are designed with students with additional needs in mind. This role includes:
- Working closely with the Weekend and Conference organiser to understand the events that are planned and the proposed locations;
- Ensuring that materials used at our events are suitable to the needs of students attending;
- Ensuring that students' dietary requirements and room needs are catered to when they have additional needs;
- Co-ordinating help for students who need to bring carers or other assistants to our weekends due to physical and/or psychological conditions.
- Co-ordinate the subsidised place application process;
- Keep the Executive Committee informed of any changes to Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) that we as a committee need to action;
- Ensure that tutors are informed of any students who may require additional support in their sessions (e.g visually impaired students may need additional information to understand the slides);
- Report any concerns raised by delegates in relation to their disability to the venue event management teams.