OU Liaison Officer
The OU Liaison Officer acts as the main contact between OUPS and The Open University. This role includes building our relationship with the OU faculty and also with the OU Students Association. Typical activities include:
- Keeping up-to-date with changes to the structure, key staff and strategies of the OU School of Psychology.
- Identifying the individuals within the OU that OUPS should be connected with.
- Organise meetings between OUPS officers and OU staff to share plans and information about each others' challenges and goals, and to identify opportunities to work on these together.
- Report back to OUPS, news from these interactions.
OUPS is affiliated to The Open University Students Association. Affiliated societies nominate an OUSA representative whose job is to:
- Attend meetings of the OUSA Standing Committee, and appoint an alternative delegate if necessary.
- Look after the interests of OUPS at the meeting.
- Keep up to date all information in the Society's Manual that relates to OUPS.
- Report back to OUPS, news from the Standing Committee (on the form provided for the purpose).
- Report back to OUPS relevant information arising from the meetings, including OUSA's current policies.
- Assist in communications between Societies in any way possible (e. g. Society News).
- Liaise with the Chairperson on matters relating to OUSA.