Our OUPS Business Administrator is our primary point of contact for all member and event attendee queries in the first instance. Our Business Administrator:
- Is available at specified times to take phone calls in order to answer any queries regarding membership or event bookings;
- Takes care of payments via phone using credit or debit cards;
- Monitors applications for membership and sends out our joining letter;
- Responds to National event bookings by sending confirmations;
- Liaises with venues for National Events to ensure that the correct numbers of rooms are booked.
- Process any correspondence sent to the OUPS contact address.
- Working closely with the Weekend and Conference organiser to understand the events that are planned and the proposed locations;
- Ensuring that materials used at our events are suitable to any needs that students attending bring to our attention;
- Ensuring that students' dietary requirements and room needs are catered to when they have additional needs;
- Co-ordinating help for students who need to bring carers or other assistants to our weekends due to physical and/or psychological conditions.
- Co-ordinating the subsidised place application process;
- Keeping the Executive Committee informed of any changes to Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) that we as a committee need to action;
- Ensuring that tutors are informed of any students who may require additional support in their sessions (e.g visually impaired students may need additional information to understand the slides);
- Reporting any concerns raised by delegates in relation to their disability to the venue event management teams.