Before the event
- Our Student Support Officer is available in advance of all of our events to answer any questions regarding mobility, medical, dietary or additional needs that you may have. We will liaise with the venue to ensure that these are accommodated as far as we can to make your event as successful as possible.
- You can specify these when you place a booking, or can update your booking details by logging in and using the "My Account" facility.
- Alternatively you can use our "Contact us" to contact us in order to discuss your needs.
At the event
- Our Student Support Officer attends the weekends to make sure any requirements like these are met and is on standby should any queries arise.
- We carry out risk assessements in advance of our events and liaise with the relevant venue staff (security, mental health first aiders, duty managers etc.) to manage any emergency situations that arise.
OUPS is the student society however, not the Open University, and as our goal is to provide academic support we are unable to give professional counselling for individual students. If you are finding your module or workload stressful or if your study is impacting your health you should first contact your allocated tutor and the Student Support Team.